Atle Eide joins Kontali Board of Directors
A major player in the Norwegian seafood industry, Atle Eide, is the new board member in Kontali AS.
– Atle Eide brings new perspectives, new insight and new strategic thinking to Kontali. His experience will be an important contribution for the growth period Kontali is now going through. We are very pleased to have Atle as the new board member in the company, says Espen Zachariassen, chairman of the board of Kontali.
Eide var until recently chairman of the board in Salmar, one of the world’s biggest producers of salmon. He holds several positions in and outside of the seafood industry, such as board member for The Norwegian Seafood Federation and chairman in Scale AQ. Eide also has experience from Skretting, Hydro Seafood, Kverneland Group and as CEO of Marine Harvest – now Mowi, the world’s largest salmon producers.
– I hope that the sum of my knowledge, experience and range can add something of value to the great and valuable expertise that has been built up by Kontali over many years, says Eide.
Kontali is leading competence center for aquaculture and fisheries. With more than 30 years of experience, Kontali has been involved in developing the aquaculture industry nationally and internationally through data collection, competence and analyses.
– The global seafood industry will in the future need a much better basis for decision-making. Investments are becoming larger, values higher, risk sharper and the competition tougher. Kontali has the expertise, databases and networks that can deliver data that forms the basis for better decisions, says Eide.
– Today we see more and more large companies, more stock listed companies, more professional investors and investment banks, all with the extensive requirements for documentation and information. Here, Kontali has a unique starting point. This applies not least to the new forms of production of both salmon, tilapia and shrimp – driven by technology for land-based farming and consumers’ desire for short-distance food, Eide says.
Eide was elected as board member at Kontali’s extraordinary general assembly in mid-June. The Kontali board otherwise consists of chairman Espen Zachariassen (CEO, Alytic) and board members Sigve Litsheim (VP Business Development Technology, Alytic) and Jan Erik Øksenvåg (Senior Analyst, Kontali).
Alytic, a company established by Arendals Fossekompani to develop data driven companies, became majority shareholder in Kontali last year after buying a 71 percent stake in Kontali. An ambition for growth has been followed up by several new hires. During 2021, the number of employees in Kontali will have doubled.
– Alytic has, as reflected in the acquisition process, accelerated Kontali. We have been given the framework to invest in expertise, infrastructure and functions, and are equipped for further growth. Alytic also promised to strengthen the board with a heavyweight from the seafood industry, and we could hardly have wished for anyone better than Atle Eide. This will be exciting, says Thomas Aas, CEO of Kontali.